When importing orders into techShip, you might want to import orders that don't have the weight or dimensions set in your WMS.
You can reference your order, and before creating a batch for processing, step in to assign or set the box you will use, weight and dimensions.
Feel free to read the guide below, or watch the video if you prefer so:
To begin importing, you will have to:
1. Access Import orders under the Orders dropdown
2. Choose the carrier for which you want to import the orders.
You can choose an explicit one from the list, but you have two additional options:
- Import: Instead of forcing a Carrier on the order, it will use the Carrier associated to it previously on your WMS or file.
- Rate Shopping: Instead of forcing a Carrier on the order, techSHIP will evaluate which Carrier and Service Level is more cost efficient and assign them automatically to each order depending on the case. This requires that Rate Shopping is enabled for your carriers.
3. Choose the criteria to obtain the orders: Pick an option from the criteria dropdown and enter the value in the text field aside.
You can choose between:
- Batch #: Obtains the orders from the WMS matching with the batch number you enter
- Reference #: Obtains a single order from the WMS matching with the number you enter; Depending on your WMS, it’s most of the time the customer order number
- Pick order #: Obtains a single order from the WMS matching with the number you enter; Depending on your WMS, it’s most of the time the WMS transaction number
- File upload: Allows to upload a file with the orders instead of obtaining them from the WMS
4. Press Refresh to obtain the order(s) information from the WMS
5. Assign the weight and dimensions by using one of the following methods:
a) Choosing a predefined box from the dropdown (the boxes are defined at the client level)
b) Typing the values into the fields and pressing Set
c) Setting the weight/dimensions automatically with a scale/dimensioner respectively (only supported with techShip Desktop Client)
6. Once done, you can either Import the batch, Import & Process together, or run the whole process (import, process and print) by clicking Import & Print