FreightCOM, being a consolidator, will have many carriers under its umbrella, not only of small parcel (Canpar, FedEx, UPS, etc), but also LTL.
There are many variants that may apply, which filter Carrier-Specific services.
While the setup is almost the same for small parcel and LTL, there is a critical step where you'll fork depending on which carrier(s) you are to set up.
NOTE: This article describes how to set up the Carrier baseline account.
If the Carrier baseline account has already been set up and you intend to add a new Billing Account, refer to: How to add and set up a FreightCOM Billing Account [Step-by-Step guide]
When setting up a FreightCOM Carrier account, you will have to:
1. Access Maintenance and select Carriers
2. Click the Carrier variant for which you'll add the account to from the list; FreightCOM has the different carriers under different groups (e.g. the code FREIGHTCOMDHL includes DHL Services):
NOTE: You will need to add as many Baseline accounts as Carriers you will use through FreightCOM separately, each one of them under the right Code.
3. Click the Accounts tab
4. Click Add Account
5. In General Options set:
- Name -> FreightCOM - [Carrier Name] (e.g. FreightCOM - FedEx)
- Usage mode -> Production (if you will use it in production mode)
- Status -> Active
- Label mode -> ZPL
- SCAC -> Carrier/SCAC code you're using in the WMS
6. In Carrier Options set and Save:
- Username -> FreightCOM account Username
- Password -> FreightCOM account Password
- Pick Up Open, Close time -> Warehouse pick up open and pick up close time, as well as Ready Hours (how many hours will it take you to be ready from your open time)
- Sender address info -> Warehouse induction address
Once ready, proceed to setting up the Billing Account as described in:
How to add and set up a FreightCOM Billing Account [Step-by-Step guide]