When setting up your Clients in techShip, you will have to configure Billing Accounts to ship through them. These use a Baseline Account as a foundation, but their way to work could be different based on the Client's needs.
When setting Billing Accounts, you will be able to specify how it should work for that specific client, setting label references, packing slips usage, rate shopping, markups, WMS information updating and Carrier options such as the default service level, address validation, sender and return addresses, etc.
This article describes the procedure to set up a USF Holland billing account, while others are specifically written for other Carriers.
Feel free to follow the step-by-step guide written below or the video guide, as you prefer:
To set up a USF Holland billing account, define the following and then Save:
ADD THE ACCOUNT TO THE CLIENT PROFILE
1. Access Clients under the Maintenance menu
2. Click on the Client for which you wish to set up the billing account
3. Press Add Billing Account
4. Select the source account which will be used and Save
5. Edit the Billing account
SET UP THE GENERAL OPTIONS
The General Options tab is the same for every carrier. If you are already acquainted with it from previous setups, please configure it accordingly.
If this is your first time setup or you aren't acquainted to it, refer to the following article and once finished, return to this one to set up the carrier specific options:
How to configure the Billing Account General Options tab [Step-by-Step guide]
SET UP THE CARRIER OPTIONS
The Carrier Options tab allows to set up basic and advanced features of your USF Holland billing account.
These are the key elements:
A) Default Service Code: Choose a service code to assign to imported orders which don’t have a service code or keep it if they have.
B) Sender Information: Specify the Sender Name, Company, phone and e-mail.
C) Package Type: Specify the value from the list, which will be the package type stated as used to the carrier (Pallet, box, etc).
D) Default freight class: Select the freight class you will use by default for shipments through this account, which will be used whenever the order doesn't state the value.
E) Shipper Account Number: Account number that will pay for the shipping costs .
F) The optional elements relate to modifications in the regular behavior or international shipping
- Override Sender Address: You can also override the sender address (by default techShip will use the one defined on the source Carrier account) to an address different from the source. To do so, follow the steps from this article.
- Currency code: Select the currency code you will use
- Export reason: Complete with the export reason you will declare the carrier for international shipments (Sale of goods, merchandise, gift, samples, etc)
- Duties & taxes prepaid: If off, shipments will be process and Duties Unpaid (DDU), if on, as Duties Paid (DDP)
- Terms of sale: Delivery details to specify to the carrier
SPECIFYING RATE SHOPPING SERVICE CODES (OPTIONAL)
If you are Rate Shopping with this account, you might want to specify which services you want be taken into consideration or excluded. Read this article to set up your inclusion/exclusion list.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article