When setting up your techTMS environment, you might need to configure API Connections.
The API section is configured only in case you will retrieve final mile carrier rates via API when calculating rates for the shipment. Not every carrier requires that. If such is the case, the Carrier will provide credentials which need to be set in the respective fields.
NOTE: Make sure that you are operating under the right environment beforehand. NOTE: If several Carriers are being used to Rate Shop, if they fail to provide rates in a 10 second threshold, techTMS will skip them and move on to the next one.
To do it, you will have to:
1. Click Maintenance to deploy the options list and select Carriers
2. Click the API Settings button for the Carrier you will set it up for
3. Complete the fields accordingly:
- API Enabled: Check if the API connection will be used, uncheck if not
- Environment type: Select Staging (test) or Production depending on the case
4. Press Save to apply the changes