When importing an order, you might come across the “Failed to import carrier for carrier ID: XXXX” error.
This relates directly to a Carrier/Billing account issue. This can happen at two levels:
1. Carrier level: The carrier for which you wish to import the orders from your WMS has not been set up (does not exist) in techShip.
For example, if you are trying to import orders from your WMS which use UPS as a carrier, and that carrier has not been set up in techShip, there is no way techShip can create a batch with them.
To solve this issue, values have to be set up at Carrier level; contact support requesting to do so and providing your:
- Conflictive batch/order number
- Carrier related to the issue
2. Client and Billing Account level: The Carrier exists and has been set up, but the SCAC code for that carrier does not match the Carrier Code in your WMS.
For example, if you are trying to import orders from your WMS which use UPS as a carrier with the SCAC code "UPSPARCEL", and the UPS carrier has been set up in techShip with the "UPS" SCAC code, they don't match and techShip will not detect the Carrier.
Since one customer can use one SCAC code different from another customer, this can be a problem if you intend to use the generic SCAC set up for your Carrier account.
To solve this issue, you can set up the SCAC code your client uses for the billing account under the client profile as follows.
Feel free to follow the video guide or with the steps below:
- Access Clients under the Maintenance dropdown
- Click on the Client profile that applies to the case
- Edit the billing account that applies to the case
- Complete the SCAC field with the SCAC value the orders have within your WMS for this customer
- Press Save to apply the changes
NOTE: Take into account that this process is necessary for each Client and Billing account that does not use the standard SCAC code in your WMS as defined for your Carrier.
After doing so, if the rest of the order information is correct, you will be able to process it.