When processing orders you might come across the "Operation Returned an invalid status code (...) Parcels customs data content type can’t be blank (...)" error.
This error is shown when the Reason for Export has not been set for the Billing Account on the Client level, when trying to ship international orders.
Feel free to follow the step-by-step guide written below or the video guide, as you prefer:
To solve this issue you will have to:
- Access Clients under the Maintenance menu
- Click on the client related to the order
- Edit the Billing Account related to the order and error
- Select the Carrier Options tab
- Select the Reason for Export from the dropdown list
- Press Save to apply the changes
If the rest of the information in the order is correct you will be able to process it.