When setting up a Purolator account for international shipping, you will have to state in which way the Customs, Export and Duties are to be used and set up.
This article is supplementary to the regular setup detailed in the Purolator Billing Account Setup article and it considers that the account has already been set up and created for domestic shipments.
Feel free to follow the step-by-step guide written below or the video guide, as you prefer:
To configure Export and Customs you will have to:
1. Access Clients under the Maintenance menu
2. Click on the client related to the order
3. Edit the Billing Account (Carrier) related to the order and error
4. Select the Carrier Options tab and define:
5. Enter the International information
- Export Type: Specify what type of export (reason) you'll be handling through this account: Permanent; Temporary; Repair; Return
- Duties Paid by: Specify who will pay for duties costs
- Receiver: The Receiving company or business entity
- Sender: You will pay for the duties
- Buyer: The consignee will pay for duties
- Duties Business relationship: Indicate your business relationship with the end customer (related/not related)
- Currency: Currency to use for duties costs
6. Press Save to apply the changes
If the rest of the order information is correct, you will be able to Process or Process and Print.