When setting up advanced restrictions, you might need to set up restrictions based on geography.
The different levels of complexity could include:
- Zip/Postal Code
If you are going to use just one value as part of the condition, use the Equals or Not Equals operator.
If you are going to use more than one value, use the In or Not In operator, separating options with commas.
WARNING: If there are services you want to include/exclude regardless of the conditions, you will need to add them to the list with the condition set to Always.
- If the Mode is "Allow orders" these services will be used (Build a list of inclusions)
- If the Mode is "Deny orders" these services will NOT be used (Build a list of exclusions)
These are a few possible scenarios:
#1 - Rate shop shipments (allow) to:
- US, NY/CA states via Express
- all other US states with Ground
- and allow rate shop any service codes for international shipments
#2 - Do NOT allow rate shopping Express shipments to US/NY
#3 - Do NOT allow using Ground if order goes to postal code starting with R3X (both in rate shop and when service explicitly set on order)
#4 - Allow using Ground if order goes to a postal code starting with 32, or Express if it goes to a postal code starting with 33 or 34 (Ground to North Florida, Express to South Florida).