When importing or processing orders, you might need to apply specific accessorials, or perform specific actions based on different criteria, for example, where the shipment is going to, if a SKU is part of the order, etc.
Order Management Rules can be triggered when you import the order, or when you process them.
Based on the conditions you define, one or many actions can be taken so your orders get all the elements that are necessary for processing them the way they are required to.
A basic example will be reviewed as part of this article, but you will find a list of additional cases linked at the footer depending on the possible scenarios.
Feel free to follow the step-by-step guide written below or the video guide, as you prefer:
To configure Order Management Rules you will have to:
1. Access Clients under the Maintenance menu
2. Click on the client related to the order
3. Select the OMR tab
4. Click the Add rule button
5. Define your conditions and actions
NOTE: For this example, we will define how to add Signature Required to an order that has a specific SKU (AA12WOW) as part of the contents of the order, when the order is imported.
Your conditions and actions will need to be applied according to the case you intend to solve.
A. Trigger: Choose Import or Process to indicate when the Condition will be checked and the Action applied.
B. Priority: Indicate the priority level the rule will have, where 1 is the one which gets executed first
C. Level: Indicate the level of information you will verify, if at Order or Line level (Line is supported by systems that can provide line level information organized in that hierarchy)
D. Condition(s): Define a set by selecting the following, and pressing the Add button to confirm
- Condition from the first dropdown
- Operator (equals, different from, all in, at least one in, all not it, greater or lower than, etc) from the second dropdown
- Value from the second or third field (depending on the condition)
E. Action(s): Define a set by selecting the following, and pressing the Add button to confirm
- Action type from the first dropdown
- Value from the second field (written or from the dropdown, as the selected action requires)
F. (Optional) Repeat B or C to add more conditions or actions if necessary
6. Press Save to apply the changes and add the Order Management Rule to your rules list
Once added, your rule will be displayed like this:
To review in detail which actions are possible to execute when your conditions are met, read: Order Management Rules (OMR) available actions [Information]
NOTE: Your Rules can have more than one Condition or more than one Action. Your client can also have more than one Rule, which has more than one Condition and Action. Make sure your rules don't overlap or contradict each other, since the system will not control, restrict or deny you to save as you create them.
WARNING: In case you need to use a custom field, or an unmapped Service Code (not included in Service Code mappings), you must refer to the low level variables and use expressions instead.
Review the details on synthax and values here: Using custom or low level variables in OMR [Information]
If you need guidance for the following scenarios, review the specific articles below:
- Setting up Order Management Rules: Geographical areas [Step-by-Step Guide]
- Setting up Order Management Rules : SKUs [Step-by-Step Guide]
- Setting up Order Management Rules : Order Information [Step-by-Step Guide]
- Setting up Order Management Rules : Order Weight and Package Count [Step-by-Step Guide]
- Setting up Order Management Rules : Order Value [Step-by-Step Guide]
- Setting up Order Management Rules : Rate Shopping (Custom) Groups [Step-by-Step Guide]
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article