The "Enable Order Level TPL Billing" checkbox allows you to choose the source from where the order will get the 3rd Party Billing Account to be processed.
It is possible to bill a 3rd party for carriers that support it (UPS, DHL, Fedex, Loomis, Purolator, Sameday).
3rd Party Billing in techShip can be used in two modes:
Enable Order Level TPL Billing is CHECKED
- Using WMS information: Your orders in your WMS must have defined
- 3rd Party Account to be billed assigned
- Postal code assigned
- Country code assigned (if your WMS does not support this field, techShip will obtain it using the Postal Code)
Enable Order Level TPL Billing is UNCHECKED
- Using your Client Profile information: Any 3rd party billing information from your order will be ignored by techShip and the following information as you define it in the Client Billing Account will be used instead
- 3rd Party Account to be billed (Client -> Billing Account level)
- Country (Client -> Billing Account level)
- Postal code (Order level - obtained automatically)
WARNING: It is important to point out that if the orders in your WMS already have the 3rd Party account and Postal Code set up and you will use that information, it is NOT necessary to set up 3rd Party Billing information on the Billing Accounts on the Client level.
NOTE: If you choose to use your WMS Information, you can just import and process your orders and skip the steps detailed in this guide, but you will have to complete the Shipper Account number at the Carrier Options tab in the client Profile for some of those carriers depending on the case.
Make sure that:
1- Your orders have all the required information completed correctly
2- TPL Billing Override checkbox is checked or unchecked depending on the case on the Client level
3- The Sender Account number has been set up in the Carrier Options tab for the Billing Account