How to use and set up AirSkip with techShip [Step-by-Step Guide]
Modified on: Mon, 2 Mar, 2020 at 8:53 PM
When shipping, you might want to zone skip using Airskip to improve shipping times and/or optimize your shipping costs. Airskip enables you to set an airport as an intermediary induction point between your warehouse and the end customer.
It optimizes the middle mile delivery through our partner, who will induct small parcels into zone one for final mile delivery. Shipments, traditionally shipped via ground service, can be delivered cross country within one or two days at a comparable price.
Orders processed with AirSkip option have the full delivery costs included in the price.
These shipments can be rate shopped against regular ground shipments.
AirSkip packages need to be delivered to your closest airport, and our partner will ship the packages to the final destination via air, and arrange for a final mile carrier pickup.
Feel free to follow the step-by-step guide written below or the video guide, as you prefer:
NOTE: If you are using Airskip with Canada Post accounts, reach techShip Support requesting for a new Carrier Account setup. You will have to add the new, alternative and Airskip dedicated Carrier Account instead of the regular Canada Post one. For other carriers, you can use your regular baseline Carrier Account using the indications below.
4. In the General Options tab, choose the Zone Skipping airport from the dropdown
5. Press Save to apply the changes
NOTE: If you are Rate Shopping Airskip vs. Regular, even between same carrier accounts, your Billing Account setup will most likely contain two Billing Account profiles per carrier, one that Airskips and another that doesn't:
6. Import and process your batches as usual. A separate manifest from the regular will be generated for Airskip batches. You will have to manifest your shipments with the Carrier locally, and then create the Airskip batch. Considering so, when Finalizing Manifest, you should:
First, press Finalize
Finally, press Zone Skip
7. A new batch will specifically be created for the Airskip zone skipping shipment, with the airport's address as the ship-to. Process and Print the labels.
8. Finalize the Airskip Zone Skippingbatch you just processed to complete the cycle.