When using techTMS, you will have to add Shipments.
These can be created manually or imported as a batch via file.
This article describes how to create Shipments manually.
If you need to import Shipments via file, please refer to How to import Shipments via file [Step-by-step guide].
NOTE: Make sure that you are operating under the right environment beforehand. NOTE: If several Carriers are being used to Rate Shop, if they fail to provide rates in a 10 second threshold, techTMS will skip them and move on to the next one.
To do it, you will have to:
1. Click Shipments
2. Click Create
3. Complete the basic fields accordingly
- Load number: Will automatically generate upon saving
- Status: Set to New, In Process or Completed depending on the case
- Buying Rate: Press the edit button to define the details; the field will autocomplete based on the sum of the details provided
- Service: Select a service level from the dropdown
- Invoice Status: Select a status from the dropdown (Ready, sent, invoiced, etc.)
- Selling Rate: Indicate the selling rate (percentage)
- Customer: Select a Customer from the dropdown
- Agent: Select an Agent from the dropdown
- Load Number: Enter the Load Number if applicable
- Reference fields: Complete them accordingly
- External Comment: Complete with comments if applicable
4. Complete the Route fields accordingly
NOTE: You can use the + icon to add points to the route.
- Place: Click on the field to select a previously recorded place, or press edit and complete the fields to add and apply a new one
- Date & Time: Set the date and time for the Point you're setting up
- Accessorials: Click on the field to select accessorials if applicable
- Service, Carrier and Cost: Select the service and carrier from the dropdowns and complete the value field with the cost
- Master BOL: Complete with the Master BOL number
- Reference: Complete with the Shipment main reference
- Comment: Complete with comments, if any
- Storage (Intermediary Points only): Check if the Shipment needs to be stored at the specified point
5. Complete the Cargo fields accordingly
NOTE: You can use the + icon to add more sets of cargo.
- Description: Indicate the cargo description
- Total Weight: Total weight (including packaging); autocalculated
- Size & UOM: Indicate the Size and UOM
- Weight & UOM: Indicate the Size and UOM
- Pieces & Type: Indicate the amount of pieces shipped and the container type (box/pallet)
- Temperature from/to/UOM: Indicate the temperature from and to the destination, and the UOM
- Insurance: Select to Purchase or Decline Insurance from the dropdown list
- Declared value: Indicate the cargo's declared value
- Container ID: Indicate the Container ID when required
- AWB: Complete with the Air Waybill when applicable
- Customer's comment: Complete with comments, if any
6. Press Save to apply the changes
After saving, the Actions, Trackings and Print menus will enable to perform additional actions.