If you would like to verify details of each one of these subsystems the following sections describe the processes and operations:
SALES ORDER SHIPPING
This subsystem is responsible for the whole process of Sales Orders shipping from getting a Sale Order to the moment when Sales Order is shipped by a chosen Carrier Service. The subsystem maintains the following processes:
- Import of New Sales Orders: techOMS starts the process automatically when a Sales Order is placed in one of Vendor’s Sales Channels or it can be triggered by Vendor manually via techOMS UI. The Sales Orders that conform the following conditions will be created in techOMS:
- have been placed in after the last successful run of the process;
- the Sales Orders fields specified in System and Vendor’s Validation Setting are correctly filled out (for example no empty or unknown SKU are allowed).
Sales Orders created in techOMS have the Status Approved by default. However, the Vendor may predefine another Status and thus Sales Order Workflow depending on Sales Order specific. For example, Sales Order with high number of items or high total price can be created on the Status Draft for additional check and handling by the Vendor.
- Sales Order processing: This process allocates the Sales Order stock at one or multiple Vendor’s Warehouses, create shipments and sends shipments to a respective Fulfilment Channel for fulfillment. TechOMS will use Warehouses and Carrier Services, if predefined in an imported Sales Order, otherwise it will use Vendor’s default values.
Depending on the Vendor’s Setting this process can start and proceed automatically or manually.
- Import of fulfilled Shipments: techOMS sends requests to the Vendor’s Fulfillment Channels with a defined periodicity and update shipments state resulted from fulfilment.
During the process of fulfilling, Sales Orders may have one of following Statuses:
- Fulfilling: Indicates that none of shipments related with the Sales Order are shipped
- Partially Fulfilled: Indicates that from the list, one, but not all shipments related with the Sales Order are shipped
- Fulfilled: Indicates that all shipments related with the Sales Order are shipped and the process of fulfilment for the Sales Orders completed
- Export of Updated Sales Orders: techOMS transmits the updated state of fulfilled Sales Orders to Sales Channels; The process starts automatically or manually
- Automatization of SO Shipping: techOMS processes Sales Order shipping automatically or manually; To enable auto processing the corresponding setting of Sales Orders workflow is required
- Manual SO Processing: techOMS provides UI for Sales Order management and control; the UI allows to manually create and edit Sales Orders as well as providing access to manually initiating Sales Orders processing operations
This subsystem is developed to manage and control the amount of products for sale and order fulfilment across multiple Warehouses of a Vendor.
The subsystem maintains the following processes:
- Stock Update from Fulfilment Channels: techOMS starts the process automatically with predefined periodicity, or it can be triggered by the Vendor manually via the techOMS UI. The process retrieves actual stock level (regardless if it is allocated or not, also called Stock on Hand) from the Vendor’s Warehouses and updates stock levels in techOMS.
- Stock Adjustment: The vendor can use Stock Adjustment to increase or decrease product quantity in techOMS, accounting for events out of business processes like damaged or expired products
- One-way Stock Update in Sales Channels: techOMS starts the process automatically with predefined periodicity or it can be triggered by the Vendor manually via the techOMS UI. The process updates stock level in Sales Channels.
- Accounting for stock level: techOMS accounts for stock levels taking into the following processes:
- Stock allocation and stock reduction while Sales orders are processing and fulfilling
- Stock change in the result of Stock update, Stock Adjustment and Purchasing
This subsystem is developed to manage and control the processes related with Vendor's product supply.
The subsystem maintains the following processes:
- Manual Management of Purchase Orders: A Vendor can create and manage Purchase Orders in the TechOMS UI. Purchase Orders contain the products ordered by a Vendor from a Supplier to increase inventory stock at a specified Vendor’s Warehouse. When a Vendor approves a Purchase Order it denotes that products included are pending arrival into the Warehouse.
- Export of Purchase Orders in Fulfillment Channels: techOMS starts the process automatically when a Purchase Order is approved by a Vendor or it can be triggered by the Vendor manually via the techOMS UI.
techOMS exports approved Purchase Orders to Vendor’s Warehouses. When a Purchase Order is retrieved by a Warehouse and corresponding products arrived, Warehouse receives the products and prepares a Receipt.
- Import of Receipts from Fulfillment Channels: techOMS requests the Vendor’s Fulfillment Channels to retrieve Receipts corresponding to Purchases Orders. The receipts reflect the actual incoming amount of product received into a Warehouse.
During the process of receiving products, Purchase Orders may have one of following Statuses:
- Receiving: Indicates that the products are not yet full received by the Warehouse(s)
- Received: Indicates that a Receipt corresponding to a Purchases Order has been retrieved by techOMS
This subsystem provides a tool for synchronization of Products and Product Variants between Sales Channels, techOMS and Fulfilment Channels.
It also allows manual managing of Products and Products Variants via the techOMS UI.
When synchronizing between techOMS and a Sales Channel, or TechOMS and a Fulfilment Channel Vendor you may choose the synchronization direction, either one or two-way synchronization.