At the time of managing Sales Orders, you might need to assign or configure a Customer.
These can be created and configured as you create or manage a Sales Order, but could also be created pre-emptively if needed and if your user has the right set of permissions.
This article describes how to create a Customer previous to Sales Order management.
If you'd like to know how to do it from a Sales Order itself, please review the steps here: How to Create a Customer [Step-by-step guide]
NOTE: Make sure that you are operating at the right Vendor/Warehouse beforehand.
To create a Customer you will have to:
1. Click Customers on the menu bar
2. Click Create to deploy the fields for creation
- Contact & Company name: Customer and Company names
- Ship To: Ship To address, deploys additional fields to complete
- Use Ship To Address: Assigns the Ship-To address as the Bill-To address, and removes the Bill-To option
- Bill to: Bill To address, deploys additional fields to complete
- Phone & E-mail: Defines contact information
3. Press Save to apply the changes