To connect SkuVault, you will have to, first, create a Fulfillment Channel connection, and then, set up the connection parameters.
Once the connection has been established between the system and techOMS, you will be able to push Sales Orders, pull inventory levels and shipments, send and get receipts, get stock updates and synchronize inventory.
The process consists in two phases:
1) Create the channel
2) Configure additional parameters
NOTE: Make sure that you are operating at the right Vendor/Warehouse beforehand.
To create a Fulfillment Channel you will have to follow the instructions in How to Create a Fulfillment Channel [Step-by-step guide]
Once you have added it, proceed to the following section.
CONFIGURE ADDITIONAL PARAMETERS
To configure additional parameters:
1) Click on the created channel's name in the list
2) Add/Change/Set parameters according to each section as required (click to enhance):
A) VIEW SELECTION, allows to change the different view modes:
B) QUICK ACTIONS, allows to perform additional/quick actions:
- Health Check: Verifies if the connection is active or not
- Save: Saves and commits changes
- Delete: Deletes the channel connection
C) GENERAL, displays and/or allows to edit:
- Application & Key (locked): Connection type and API key
- Connection name: Display name for the connection, can be edited if required for more convenient identification if there are many
- Host: URL of the connection, can be edited if the URL is changed at any point
- Backorder Mode and Allow Backorder Partial:
- Suppress PII: If checked, techOMS will not pass any personally identifiable information (customer name, address, email, phone number)
D) CHANNEL SETTINGS, displays and allows to set/modify channel connection and binding settings:
- WMS Connection parameters: Set or modify the SkuVault Client ID and secret (password)
- References: Set or modify reference mappings between techOMS and the Fulfillment channel; each field targets a reference (Shipment and Receipt reference and PO) for which you can select which variable you will use for each case
E) WAREHOUSE MAPPINGS, allows you to bind or modify the connection to a specific warehouse instance:
- Warehouse IDs: Set or modify the Warehouse IDs (Warehouse as the techOMS entity, External as the Identifier on the WMS end) to bind both ends
- Default Carrier information: Set or modify the default Carrier and Service code for this connection
F) SYNC ACTIONS, displays information about the synchronization actions and last activity, as well as allowing manual logging