When processing orders, some carriers might have different validations and requirements for the format of the phone number field, sometimes causing processing errors.
It is possible enable automatic reformatting of the ship-to phone number from the Billing Account settings on the Client profile.
NOTE: This feature is currently supported for FedEx and UPS only.
When enabled, the feature:
- Parses the phone
- Splits the phone into the number and the extension number
- Formats the phone according to the E.164 standard
Feel free to follow the step-by-step guide written below or the video guide, as you prefer:
To solve this issue you will have to:
- Access Clients under the Maintenance menu
- Click on the client related to the order
- Edit the Billing Account (Carrier) related to the order and error
- Select the Carrier Options tab
- Check the Reformat Ship-to phone checkbox
- Press Save to apply the changes
If the rest of the orders information is correct, you will be able to Process or Process and Print.