When performing maintenance tasks, you may need to Edit a Product Variant, or a product's details.
This article describes how to edit the product details.
NOTE: Make sure that you are operating at the right Vendor/Warehouse beforehand.
To edit a product variant you will have to:
1. Click Products under Inventory
2. Click the Variants tab to see the product variant list
3. Click the Edit button
4. Modify the fields accordingly
Section A - General Information
- Product: Main product name (Read-Only)
- SKU: SKU Code
- Non Inventory Item: If checked, techOMS will not track the product/variants in techOMS inventory, but will send order lines with the variants to the WMS for the Warehouse to decide how to handle them (typically used for merchandising, marketing materials, gifts, etc.) (Read-Only)
- Name: Variant name
- Cost: SKU Cost
- Bundle: If checked, it indicates the SKU is part of a bundle
Section B - Show Details (check to deploy fields)
- UPC: UPC number
- Size: Non-dimensional size (e.g. S, M, L, XL, XXL, etc)
- Description: Product's description
- Vendor SKU: Vendor SKU Code
- UOM: Indicates if the dimension is for each SKU or the containing case if applicable
- Case Qty: Amount of SKUs per code
- HS Tariff Code: Harmonized System Tariff Code value
- Country: Country of manufacturing
- Dimensions: Length, Width and Height
Section C - Alternatives
Press the Add or Remove button to add or remove SKUs that could be used when the variant is not available:
When adding one, indicate:
- Product Variant: Type the name of the product you will add and select from the filtered options in the dropdown
- Priority: Indicate the priority to use this SKU over others
Information in this section can be edited directly.
Section D - References
Press the Add button to add References for the SKU or use the Search Bar to find References in the list.
Information in this section can be edited by clicking Edit or removed by clicking Delete and confirming the actions.
5. Press Save to apply the changes and close the Edit pop-up