To connect eBay, you will have to, first, create a Sales Channel connection, and then, set up the connection parameters.
Once the connection has been established between the system and techOMS, you will be able to push and update Sales Orders, get stock updates and synchronize inventory.
The process consists in two phases:
1) Create the channel
2) Configure additional parameters
NOTE: Make sure that you are operating at the right Vendor/Warehouse beforehand.
NOTE: If the registration URL is setup in the application (under System Administrator) then techOMS will redirect you to the external system for registering the plugin using your eBay username/password.
Otherwise techOMS will create an empty channel and you must setup the credentials manually.
To create a Sales Channel you will have to follow the instructions in How to Create a Sales Channel [Step-by-step guide]
Once you have added it, proceed to the following section.
CONFIGURE ADDITIONAL PARAMETERS
To configure additional parameters:
1) Click on the created channel's name in the list
2) Add/Change/Set parameters according to each section as required (click to enhance):
A) VIEW SELECTION, allows to change the different view modes:
- Main settings (default): Allows to review and set the basic connection settings
- Advanced settings: Allows to define the Refresh Token and change the API Validation Rules for each Entity Type (SO, Shipments, etc.), related fields (Carrier Code, Service Code, etc.) and the Status associated
- Warehouse Mappings: Allows you to bind or modify the connection to a specific warehouse instance, setting or modifying the Warehouse IDs (Warehouse as the techOMS entity, External as the Identifier on the Sales Channel end) to bind both ends
- SKU Mappings: Allows to review and set SKU mappings between the Sales Channel connection and techOMS as detailed here: How to map SKUs in a Sales Channel [Step-by-step guide]
- Carrier Mappings: Allows to review and set Carrier name mappings between the Sales Channel connection and techOMS as detailed here: How to map Carriers in a Sales Channel [Step-by-step guide]
B) QUICK ACTIONS, allows to perform additional/quick actions:
- Health Check: Verifies if the connection is active or not
- Save: Saves and commits changes
- Delete: Deletes the channel connection
C) GENERAL, displays and/or allows to edit:
- Application & Key (locked): Connection type and API key
- Connection name: Display name for the connection, can be edited if required for more convenient identification if there are many
- Host: URL of the connection, can be edited if the URL is changed at any point
D) PRIVACY, displays and allows to set/modify the Personal Identification Information retention threshold
E) SYNC ACTIONS, displays information about the synchronization actions and last activity, as well as allowing manual logging